The MSc European Forestry provides an additional dimension to the already
existing educational markets in forestry and nature management in Europe.
The basic idea of the programme is to connect people, students and teachers
who want to develop European dimensions in forestry and in higher education.
The programme coordinates the new challenges and demands for forest policy and
management in Europe.
MSc in European Forestry provides the student with
- intensive co-operation with forest industry, research and policy makers
- background to identify and solve problems related to forestry on a European level
- lecturers and experts from different European countries
- partnership with future forest professionals in Europe
- link to the global forestry society
In recognition of the quality of the course the MScEF was awarded the title “European Master Course”,
thereby including it within the prestigious Erasmus Mundus programme of the European Union (2002-2014 and 2016-2021).
The MSc EF is a two year programme (120 ECTS), including the following elements: Introductory Course,
Applied Period, Problem Oriented Course, Elective Courses and a Thesis.
Admission of the student is based on their academic standing, and their knowledge of English.
Requirements for applying for the MSc EF are available on the website
; they include a Bachelor degree
or equivalent in forestry or other related disciplines and a fluent level of English (TOEFL).